Saidler & Co. & The Global Leadership Foundation
Saidler & Co. is proud to announce the continuation and further strengthening of its long-standing partnership with the Global Leadership Foundation.
The Global Leadership Foundation's (GLF) mission is to support political leadership and good governance worldwide by making available the experience of former leaders to today's national leaders.
The GLF is a global network built around its 45 Members, all former Heads of State or Government, or other distinguished leaders with first-hand experience of the difficulties of political leadership. Its members contribute to the work of GLF as private individuals, motivated by a desire to give something back to the world. Working in small teams, in their personal capacity, members offer private and confidential advice to current Heads of Government. Among the esteemed Members of the Global Leadership Foundation are:
- Joe Clark, Prime Minister of Canada (ret.)
- Vicente Fox, Former President of Mexico (ret.)
- Helen Clark, Prime Minister of New Zealand (ret.)
- Kevin Rudd, Prime Minister of Australia (ret.)
- Carl Bildt, Prime Minister of Sweden (ret.)
- John Bruton, Prime Minister of Ireland (ret.)
- Micheline Calmy-Rey, President of the Swiss Confederation (ret.)
- Lawrence Gonzi, Prime Minister of Malta (ret.)
- Wolfgang Schüssel, Chancellor of Austria (ret.)
- Helle Thorning-Schmidt, Prime Minister Denmark (ret.)
- Kaspar Villiger, President, Swiss Confederation (ret.)
The GLF was founded by FW de Klerk, who was President of South Africa from 1989 to 1994. As president of South Africa, he brought the apartheid system of racial segregation to an end and negotiated a transition to majority rule in his country. He and Nelson Mandela jointly received the 1993 Nobel Prize for Peace for their collaboration in efforts to establish nonracial democracy in South Africa. He established the F.W. de Klerk Foundation in 2000 and the Global Leadership Foundation in 2004. Since its formation, GLF has worked in 23 countries worldwide, with various engagements continuing for several years.
As part of its donation, Saidler & Co. joins GLF’s International Council, a community of supporters comprising business leaders, philanthropists, and foundations.